- Transaction Not Authorized
- Product Not Delivered
- Significantly Not As Described
The Terms pertaining to eligibility for Goldmoney Business Verified Account Protection are outlined in the Goldmoney Personal & Business Terms of Service, which are agreed to by both buyers and sellers upon account registration.
To be eligible for Goldmoney Business Verified Account Protection you must:
- Have a Verified Goldmoney Business Account in good standing
- Pay for the eligible item using Gold from your Verified Goldmoney Business Account
- Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment of Gold from your Goldnoney Business Account. Items purchased with multiple payments – like a deposit followed by a final payment – are not eligible
- Open a dispute under the Dispute Resolution section
- Not have claimed or received an amount in recovery related to an eligible purchase from any other source
Payments for the following items are not eligible for reimbursement under Goldmoney Business Verified Account Protection:
- Real estate, including residential property
- Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
- Significantly Not As Described issues for custom made items
- Items prohibited under the Acceptable Use Policy
- For Item Not Received claims, items which you collect in person, or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including at the retail point of sale
- Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
- Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards
- Personal Payments
Even if your payment is not eligible for Goldmoney Business Verified Account Protection, you can file a dispute and try to resolve the issue directly with the Seller; however, Goldmoney Business will generally not find in your favour if you raise a dispute for an item which is not eligible for Goldmoney Business Verified Account Protection.
If your payment is eligible for dispute resolution, you must first attempt to contact the other party directly through the existing contact information you have.
If you are unable to resolve matters with the seller or the seller has not responded, you can open a dispute through the Resolution Centre within 30 calendar days of the date you made the payment for the item you would like to dispute. We will place a hold on all Gold related to the transaction in the Seller's Goldmoney Business Account until the dispute is resolved or closed.
To initiate a dispute, log in to your Goldmoney Business Account and select "Transactions" from the top of your Dashboard. Find the transaction you wish to dispute in your transaction list and click on the date of the payment in the far left column. At the bottom of the transaction summary, click on the "Dispute" option.
Select the reason for the dispute from the drop down list, enter information about the transaction and why you are disputing it, and attach any relevant documentation supporting your dispute. Accepted file types for submission are PNG or JPG images smaller than 5 MB each.
Within 7 business days, Goldmoney Business will review the dispute and advise you whether the matter escalates to a claim or has been rejected. If the dispute has been rejected, you will be provided with a reason for the rejection. If your dispute has been escalated, Goldmoney Business will inform both the buyer and seller of their determination within 7 business days following the escalation.
You are required, as part of the dispute resolution process to:
- Respond to Goldmoney Business’ requests for information in a timely manner. During the dispute process, Goldmoney Business may require you to provide documentation to support your position. You may be asked to provide receipts, third party evaluations, police reports, or anything else that Goldmoney Business specifies.
- Comply with Goldmoney Business’ shipping requests in a timely manner. For Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) claims, Goldmoney Business may require you, at your expense, to ship the item back to the Seller, or to Goldmoney Business, or to a third party and to provide proof of delivery. Goldmoney Business retains full discretion to make a final decision in favour of the buyer or the Seller based on any criteria BitGold deems appropriate.
If you are eligible for Goldmoney Business Verified Account Protection and Goldmoney Business finds in your favour on your claim, Goldmoney Business will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item and original shipping costs, with no cap on coverage. Goldmoney Business will not reimburse you for the return shipping costs that you incur to return a Significantly Not As Described item to the Seller or other party specified by Goldmoney Business. If the Seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to your address, Goldmoney Business may find in favour of the Seller for an Item Not Received claim even if you did not receive the goods.
Claim Resolution Process Notes:
- In the event that Goldmoney Business makes a final decision in favour of the buyer or seller, each party must comply with Goldmoney Business’ decision.
- In the event a Seller loses a claim, the Seller will not receive a refund on his or her Goldmoney Business fees associated with the transaction.
- If you file a SNAD claim because the item you bought is counterfeit, we may request that you destroy the item.
- Credit card chargeback rights, if they apply, are broader than Goldmoney Business’ protection programs. Chargebacks may cover unsatisfactory items even if they do not qualify as SNAD, and may cover intangible items. You may pursue a dispute/claim with Goldmoney Business, or you may contact your credit card company and pursue your Chargeback rights. You may not pursue both at the same time or seek a double recovery. If you have an open dispute or claim with Goldmoney Business, and also file a Chargeback with your credit card company, Goldmoney Business will close your dispute or claim, and you will have to rely solely on your Chargeback rights.
- Before contacting your card issuer or filing a dispute with Goldmoney Business, you should contact the Seller to resolve your issue in accordance with the Seller’s return policy as stated on their auction or website.