The Goldmoney Network
The Goldmoney Network is a proprietary patent-pending technology powering the Goldmoney Personal and Business platforms. The price for any purchase or redemption of gold for any Goldmoney Personal and Business transaction comes from the Goldmoney Network pricing engine and is based on the Best Bid or Offer (BBO) in each respective vault location. This ensures you get the most accurate price available. The patent-pending Goldmoney Network engine collects and distributes real-time gold prices from bullion counterparties quoting bids and offers for the purchase or sale of physical gold bullion at each respective vaulting location where Goldmoney Personal and Business maintains a Vault. These prices are reflected on the Goldmoney Personal and Business website 24/7 at www.goldmoney.com.
Every gold transaction in your Goldmoney Personal and Business Platform is executed at the BBO plus an additional transaction fee that is determined by the method you have chosen to deposit with. Users may compare deposit methods to find the transfer option that provides them with he best value. Goldmoney Personal and Business provides a price guarantee for any transactions executed from Sunday from 6:30 PM EST to Friday at 5:00 PM EST. Given that gold trades on a 24/5 schedule, Goldmoney can only provide a price guarantee during those days. For transactions occurring from Friday at 5:01 PM EST to Sunday at 6:29 PM, the Goldmoney Network prices will reflect the internal liquidity provided by the Goldmoney Personal and Business market making operations.
On Goldmoney Personal and Business, gold is measured in metric grams or "GAU" rather than the troy ounce. Instead of quoting the Bid or Ask price we display the Average BBO (Best Bid or Offer). This is not the price you will purchase or sell gold at, instead it is the equilibrium price of gold at that moment.
Here is an example of the way your price per gram is structured in relation to the live average BBO price provided at the top of your Dashboard:
Please note this image is not to scale, and is intended for demonstrative purposes only.
- Best Bid: The bid is the current highest offer someone is willing to pay at that moment with all known and unknown variables considered. This is the price at which you sell your gold.
- Best Offer/Best Ask: The ask is the current lowest offer someone is willing to accept at that moment with all known and unknown variables considered. This is the price at which you purchase your gold.
- Average BBO: Average of the Best Bid and Best Offer, the mid point of the spread.
- Spot Price: Another term for the Best Offer.
- Spread: The difference between the Best Bid and Best Offer.