Goldmoney allows clients to enable 2-factor authentication for all transactions within their Holding. Once enabled, an SMS with a unique pin is sent to your mobile phone to authorize each transaction.
To enable SMS verification, follow these steps:
1) Log into your Holding and select 'Security Settings'. Under 'Require SMS Verification' you can input the mobile phone number best suited to receive the SMS PIN codes through. Press 'add number' once done and the PIN will be texted to that number each time a transaction is made. Unique security PIN codes must be entered in your Dashboard to remove funds or take physical delivery. By default, PIN codes will be sent to your email address. Should you wish to receive PIN codes via text message instead of email, please add your mobile number as displayed below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is the purpose of SMS Verification?
- SMS verification is needed to send unique security PIN codes. These PIN codes must be entered in your Dashboard to remove funds or take physical delivery.
2. I do not have/don't want to add my mobile phone number. How do I receive the PIN?
- By default, PIN codes will be sent to your email address in the absence of a mobile phone number.