Documents accepted as proof of residence

Last Updated:

We will accept an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:

  • Utility bill for fixed services (no mobile phone bills)
  • Bank statement (no credit card statements)
  • Building society statement
  • Insurance company document (no motorized vehicle policies)
  • Local rate assessment or local taxes bill
  • Personal tax assessment
  • Government issued documents (typically municipal issued)

Please note that your proof of residence must be dated within the last 3 months. 


If you provide an original document, we will return it to your given address at your request.

Please ensure: 

1. If submitting a photocopied document, the photocopy must be clear and the name and address clearly visible.

2. The document has been sent to your current residential address and is no more than three months old.

3. The photocopy of the document has been certified by an accepted certifier.


If you are unable to provide any of these documents, please contact our Relationship Management team as we may be able to accept alternative documentation.

Was this article helpful?
1988 out of 2198 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request